Zenfolio is an online photo-hosting company utilized by your photographer to display and market their photos.
Through their website, they can offer their photos for sale. They can also offer products on which those photos are printed.
The main tool for ordering photos and products is the Shop button. If selling has been enabled by the photographer, it will be displayed on most gallery pages in the top right-hand corner, or a shopping cart icon will appear over each photo. In this guide you'll learn how to add products to your shopping cart, edit/preview the print, and checkout.
If the Shop button is not displayed, this means that selling is disabled by the photographer. In this case, it is best to contact the photographer directly to let them know that you are interested in purchasing the photos.
Navigate to the Gallery you would like to purchase a photo from, click on the Shop button that will appear in the top right-hand corner above the photo thumbnails.
The shop will appear from the side of the page, and you can begin selecting what product you want to purchase.
Click on the category of product you want to purchase and then navigate to the specific size of product.
Since you've started from the Shop without first selecting an image, at this time you'll click on the Select Prints button to choose which images you want to have printed with this specific product.
Once you've selected the photos you're wanting to have printed with the product, you can then check/edit the Cropping of the photo(s) as well as view a Preview of the photo in the Product Previewer.
From this page you'll also be able to select various options that might be available for the print like paper type, framing, quantity of prints, etc.
Once you've checked that the cropping of the photo is correct, and chosen all the options you want to have for this print, click on Add To Cart.
When editing the cropping of the photo, you'll be adjusting what portion of the image will be printed. It is important to confirm that the cropping of the photo is correct so that the print is not ordered whit important parts of the image being cropped out.
Among the cropping options you can adjust the actual crop size by clicking on one of the corner points shown on the photo itself, and you can also use the image size slider to zoom in and out on the photo.
If you want to reset the crop to the default, click on the Reset button. And if you want to rotate the orientation of the cropping area, click on the Orientation button.
Once you've completed editing the cropping, click on Apply.
With the Product Previewer, you can get a preview of what the printed photo might look like in comparison to being placed on a shelf, on a desk, etc. This may help you decide if the print size that you've selected is going to be appropriate for your needs.
- From your Gallery, click on the Shop button or hover over a specific image and click on the shopping cart icon to open the shop.
- Select the Cards product option from the shop that appears on the left-hand side. The products being offered are ultimately determined by the photographer. Contact your photographer directly about products they offer.
- You can then choose which type of card you're wanting to purchase, and choose the design of the card. You can preview the front and back of each design by clicking on the thumbnails of a design.
- Once you've selected a design, click on the Next button.
You can now begin customizing your card selection.
- Choose what kind of paper you want to have the card printed on.
- Select the quantity of cards you want to purchase.
- And even change trim or shape of the card itself. You can have a standard rectangular card, or you can choose to have rounded or more ornate card.
- Some cards will allow you to add custom text to the design. Click in the text area on the card and type out your custom text.
- And finally, click on Add Photos to choose which photos you want to have printed on the card.
- Once you're done customizing the front of the card, you can then switch to the back of the card and begin adding images there as well.
To add photos to your card, just click on Add Photos then drag and drop the photo into position.
Of course, once completed, be sure to add the card product to your shopping cart
Once you've added all the products you want to purchase to your shopping cart, you can view the cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon that will appear in the top right-hand area of the gallery page – there will be a number on the cart icon, indicating how many products are currently added to it. Also, within the Gallery, a shopping cart icon will appear in the top right-hand corner of the thumbnail of each photo that has been added to the shopping cart.
When you click on the shopping cart icon, at the top of the Gallery, the shopping cart will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
Within the cart, you can sign in if you already have an account on the photographer's website. This will allow you to save your shopping cart to that account to return to later. From the shopping cart you can also once again review/edit the cropping of the photo – the blue line on the photo will indicate the cropping of the print.
If there are any products you no longer want to purchase, you can click on the Remove button. And if there's any products that you want to buy more of, you can increase the quantity of that product.
Lastly, click on on the Checkout button and follow the steps to complete your purchase of your selected products.
Once you've completed your purchase, you'll receive an email regarding your order and you'll be provide with a unique order number. Be sure to keep this order number handy in case you need to contact your photographer for any reason and reference your order.