Social Blocks provide a way for you to connect available social media accounts to your Zenfolio website. Through the use of these Blocks, you can show off your Instagram account feed right on your website, and create a call to action for your website visitors to follow you.
Adding a Social Block
- In your Zenfolio account, use the Website icon on the left-hand side to open the editor.
- Within the website editor, if you have a multi-page website, choose which page you want to edit.
- On that page, click on icon in the location you want to place this Block, on the right-hand side.
- Scroll down through the Block options and choose one of the Social Blocks that you want to add.
Editing the Block
Once you've added the Social Block to your website page, the options for the selected Block will appear on the left-hand side. Here you can connect your social account and adjust other settings for how the block looks on your website.
- First choose what devices you want this Block to appear on; desktop, tablet, and/or mobile.
- Next, you'll want to use Social Connect to connect your actual social account to the Block. If you're not already logged in, you will need to login to your social account and you will need to allow permission for Zenfolio to access your social content.
- For the Appearance, you can change the call to action text of the Block and even choose if you want to show your post captions or not.
- Adjust the background color of the Block, if you want as well.
On the right-side of the page, when you have the Block selected, you can control the location and layout of the Block.
- Use the up and down arrows to move the Block.
- The icon with the + will allow you to duplicate the Block.
- You can choose a different Layout for the Block.
- And the trash can icon will allow you to delete the Block. When a Block is deleted there will be a brief moment where you can recover the deleted Block, just use the "Undo Delete" button that appears. Once the undo button goes away, you can no longer recover the Block that was deleted.
Please note: Social media companies may change their 3rd party permissions at any time and this could disrupt the connection on your website. If you see that your social account has disconnected, it is recommended that you re-connect the social account so that you can allow the new permissions presented by the Social Media company.