Exclusive to PortfolioPlus and ProSuite plan subscribers.
Along with the ability to sell various types of products through your Galleries by assigning a Price List, you can also set custom prices for those products, for individual photos. This is a useful feature that will allow adjusting the price of photos that you feel may need to be priced differently from the other photos in the Gallery.
To get started with the Custom Pricing feature, you will first need to create the overall Price List of desired products that will be assigned to the Gallery. This will act as a starting point for the selling options in your Gallery. For more information about creating a Price List, see this support article HERE.
And for more information about assigning that Price List to a particular Gallery, see this support article HERE.
Accessing The Custom Pricing Options
Once you've created your Price List and assigned it to your Gallery, follow these steps to use the Custom Pricing options for individual photos in your Gallery.
- In your account, click on the Galleries icon on the left-hand side.
- Select the Gallery you'd like to make changes to.
- Within this Gallery, select the photo(s) you want to customize the pricing for. You can select one photo, or you can select multiple photos by holding down the CTRL or COMMAND key on your keyboard while you select photos.
- With the photo(s) selected, click on the ellipsis in the top right-hand corner of the thumbnail.
- From the menu that appears, select the Set Custom Pricing option. Or you can click on the icon that will be present at the very bottom center of the page.
This will open the Custom Pricing window that will allow you to set a custom percentage markup for all products offered, or you can choose to limit the custom pricing to specific products offered through the assigned Price List.
Adding a New Markup
If you're just wanting to add a simple markup to the cost of all products in the Price List assigned to the Gallery, you can do this by following these steps:
- In the Custom Pricing window, opened from the above steps, set the New Markup you want to apply to all products in the Price List, for the selected photo(s).
- Click Save.
The new markup will be applied to those photos immediately and you can Preview the Gallery to see this update to the products available with those photos.
Custom Pricing For Specific Products
If you're wanting to set custom pricing for specific products for the selected photo(s), follow these steps:
- In the Custom Pricing window, opened from the above steps, set the New Markup you want to apply to the specific products you will be selecting.
- Check the Limit to specific products box.
- Click on the Select Products button.
- In the Select Products window that appears, choose the specific products you want to apply this custom pricing to, for the selected photo(s).
- Click Apply. You'll be able to see the list of products you've selected and their new markup price.
- Click Save.
The new markup for the selected products will be applied to the selected photos immediately, and you can Preview the Gallery to see this update to the products available with those photos.
Automatically Add Custom Pricing to Tagged Photos
In addition to manually adding custom pricing to photos within the Galleries where they are uploaded, for those subscribed to the ProSuite plan level, it is also possible to set up Price Lists to add custom pricing markups to photos that are tagged or keyworded with a specific term.
- In your Zenfolio account, click on the Selling icon on the left-hand side.
- Select the Price Lists tab.
- Click on the Edit button of an existing Price List, or you can do this while creating a new Price List.
- Once you're inside of the Price List, click on Price List Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Check the box to Apply New Markup using Tags.
- Click on Add New Markup.
- Set the Markup percentage, and whether or not you want see any Rounding of the price (None or round to the nearest .00).
- Enter in what Tag or keyword. This will be a specific tag that has been or will be added to individual photos within the Gallery this Price List is assigned to.
- If you want this markup to only apply to specific products being offered, check the Limit to specific products option. Then click on Select Products to choose the specific products. Note: if this option is left unchecked, the markup will be applied to all products in the Price List.
- Click on the Save button to apply the changes to the Price List Settings.
- Then be sure to Save the Price List itself.
After you've set the markup and what tags the markup will apply to, from within the Price List, you will need to make sure that the photos you want this markup to apply to are using the indicated tag(s).
If you have not already tagged your photos appropriately, follow these steps to do so:
- In your Zenfolio account, click on the Galleries icon, on the left-hand side. Navigate to and open the Gallery containing the photos you want to tag.
- Within that Gallery, select the individual photos you want tag to apply the markup to.
- Click on the pencil icon at the bottom left-hand area of the Gallery page.
- In the Details sidebar that appears on the right-hand side, add the specific Tag that you've indicated through the Price List Settings.
Once the Price List containing the Markup using Tags is assigned to the Gallery, those photos using the specific tag will automatically be marked up using the percentage markup you set in the Price List Settings.
For more information about assigning a Price List to your Galleries, see this support article HERE.