Exclusive to PortfolioPlus and ProSuite subscribers.
Along with selling vendor fulfilled products and packages, you have the option to sell Digital downloads of images to your clients as well?
In this process, you as the photographer are able to set the price for the digital download, as well as the parameters for the download (like resolution size of the image provided).
There are many creative ways that you can sell your images as digital products; some of our favorites are: iPhone backgrounds, Facebook profile images, stock images, and promotional products.
For digital download products, note that Zenfolio will do the following:
- Take the order and collect payment.
- Store downloadable files for 30 days. (Orders can be extended by resetting the download)
- Enable customers to download purchased images.
- Send email notifications to all parties.
- Provide detailed reports of sales.
Note: All orders requiring manual approval must be approved within 21 days. Orders that are not approved in 21 days will be cancelled and refunded automatically.
Follow the steps bellow to make Digital downloads of your images available for purchase:
- In your Zenfolio account, click on the Selling icon, on the left-hand side.
- Go to the Price Lists tab.
- If you already have a Price List, locate that Price List and click Edit. If you do not have a Price List, or if you want to create a new one, click on the Create Price List button.
- In the Price List, click on Add Products.
- In the Add Products page that appears, choose Digital.
- If you want to make charge for each individual image separately, choose the Single Photos tab. There will be a base cost of 0.09 per 'Single Photo' product sold.
- Choose which resolutions you want to offer for the Single Image Sizes.
- If you want to make the entire Gallery purchasable as one whole product, go to the All Photos tab. There will be a base cost of 0.99 per 'All Photos' product sold.
- Choose which resolutions you want to offer as a full Gallery download.
- Once you've selected the Digital Download options you want to offer, click Done.
- You'll then be able to review the products added to your Price List. At this time you can adjust the Selling Price if you want to make any adjustments.
- Then click on the Save button once everything is ready to begin being offered to clients.
If you have not already assigned this Price List to a Gallery, you'll need to do this first before the products will be available for clients to purchase with your images. See this guide for more information about assigning a Price List to your Galleries.
For processing and delivery, digital download products have a base cost of 0.09 for single photo downloads and 0.99 for full gallery downloads.
A client's Digital Download order will be available to download for 30 days after being created. If for any reason, you need to extend the order for the client you can go into the Digital Download order in your account's reports and rest the download.
To do this, within the order, click on the Reset Link option in the top right-hand area of the order information. Once doing this, you'll receive a confirmation letting you know the link is being reset and the client will be be able to download the order for another 30 days.
Please be aware of the following fees and costs when selling products through Zenfolio: There is a commerce fee of 7% per order (calculated on the order sub-total, excluding tax and shipping) and a payment processing fee of 2.9%+0.30 when using Stripe* or 3.49%+0.49 when using PayPal (calculated on the order total, including tax and shipping). You keep the remaining profit, minus any product cost for either print production or digital product delivery.
*If an order is discounted during approval, after being placed, Stripe charges an additional fee on the discounted amount of 1% for USD transactions and 2.9% for non-USD transactions. This additional payment processing fee from Stripe will be seen on Stripes end of the reported payment.